Saturday, August 27, 2011

Storms

Tonight parts of the United States are extending their efforts towards withstanding Hurricane Irene.  People in other parts of the world are fighting for freedoms I have never lived without.  People I know personally are fighting - fighting illnesses, fighting to save marriages, fighting to overcome infertility, to gain or keep employment, to re-direct wayward children - Storms.

My heart is heavy for all of them.  My thoughts and prayers have been with many of them all day long.  In spite of my heavy heart I have an underlying peace because I know that God is in control of all things even these storms.  He is a very present help in the time of trouble.  I've read it.  I know it and I've seen it.  My confidence remains in Him.

"God is our refuge and strength a very present help in trouble." (Psalm 46:1)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent News

Psalm 19:7-8 Msg Translation

*****

***

Followers