Friday, December 2, 2011

Praying Through It

I am reading the Bible in a new way.  I am intently reading scripture and praying through it.  I am praying it over my life, the lives of my family and the lives of others.  Where the writer exhorts his audience to imitate Christ in one way or another, I stop and record it and pray it frequently.  I am being blessed by this new way of reading God's Word.  It is impressing His will onto my heart and through answered prayer I am able to see it manifested my life and the lives of those I am praying for.

Praying through Philippians
Lord, I pray that (like Paul) whatever happens to us, will work out for our deliverance.
I pray that You, O God will finish the good work you started in us on to completion, unitl the day of Christ Jesus.
I pray that we do nothing out of selfish ambition.
I pray that we live up to Christ's model of servant hood and self sacrifice.
I pray that our gentleness will be evident to all.
I pray that You will work in us, O God to desire and to act according to your good purpose and that your Will be fulfilled in us.
I pray that You grant us the desire and the power to do what pleases you.
I pray that You would have mercy on us, in our illnesses and in our weaknessess and spare us sorrow upon sorrow.
I pray that You strengthen us to have NO confidence in the flesh or in material things, but that we might consider everything loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Jesus Christ.
I pray that you would empower us daily, to press on toward the mark of the high-calling of Christ Jesus and help us to live up to what we have already attained in and through Him.
I pray that you annoint us with your Holy Spirit, this and every day.  Ordain the events of this day to bring us from where we are to where we should be.
I pray that every attack the enemy wages against us has the opposite effect and Your message be prospered despite the trial.   We count it all JOY.

We humble ourselves before You, O Mighty God, who has the power to do all things.  In the name of Jesus, hear our prayer.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent News

Psalm 19:7-8 Msg Translation

*****

***

Followers