Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Look at Me

... Insights from Exodus

Exodus 7:1

"God told Moses, "Look at me.  I'll make you as a god to Pharaoh and your brother Aaron will be your prophet."
  1. I love the words God spoke to Moses "LOOK AT ME."  When you are elevated before people or called out to do something great for God.   There is no room for doubt and no time to focus on what I can't do.  I'd rather spend the time focusing on God and what he can do.   
  2. God can accomplish much in a single situation.  He ordained the events leading up to the freeing of Israelites, so they would realize when he stepped in, that he was God (and God alone).  I thank God not only for deliverance but for the process of deliverance, it is for my good.
Exodus 8:15  But when Pharaoh saw he had some breathing room, he got stubborn again and wouldn't listen to Moses and Aaron. Just as God had said.  Strike Three: Gnats."
  1. Sound familiar?  I am reminded of myself when I get into "uncomfortable" situations and circumstances.   Tossing and turning.  Begging and Pleading.  Storming the gates of Heaven for relief.    But as soon as I get some breathing room there I go into to something else.  Prayer:  Lord strengthen me to walk in the narrow way, not taking your grace and mercy for granted. Strengthen me through your Holy Spirit to walk in your narrow way and live a life worthy of your call to salvation.  In Jesus' name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent News

Psalm 19:7-8 Msg Translation

*****

***

Followers